What's Left Behind

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Week 3 - Cooking Light, Hearts of Palm and Au Poivre marinade.

I looked in my refrigerator today and I had nothing to eat. I have lots of things to put on things to eat, and lots of things to cook food in, and a lot of things to drink with food, but no actual food.

A trip to the grocery store was the obvious solution, but on Sunday at about 5 pm, it was not that compelling. There are only two choices - Trader Joe's and Safeway. Trader Joe's has the unique and interesting, Safeway, the variety of uninteresting. Trader Joe's has the miniscule parking lot, Safeway the constant Christmas parking. Safeway is a social place, where I was almost guaranteed to see someone I know; I was wearing a horrible outfit. It's almost a one-person rochambeau, which I based, if you can believe, on the light at Laguna and Lombard. If it was red, I was going to go right to Trader Joe's. Green was Safeway; it was green, Safeway was the place.

Given my list, I decided to make some kind of beef with the Au Poivre marinade, and I found a recipe in the Cooking Light cookbook for a hearts of palm salad that sounded good. Both were yummy and good uses of all ingredients. Three points to me!

Fifty-six to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home