What's Left Behind

Monday, April 24, 2006

Week 1, part 2 - Cookies and Fancy Cranberries.

I left one more thing off the list - Shannon baked cookies the day before she left and put some in my goodie bag. That Shannon baked cookies instead of packing would surprise nobody who knows her. However, there's no point in even putting them on the list as they were chocolate chip - with big chunks of Valrhona chocolate - and didn't even last the day.

It was a wonderful clear weekend - finally - and I took a hike with my friends Jay and Laura. Jay made turkey sandwiches and fruit/veggie snacks and I contributed cookies and granola with some of my fancy cranberries. Served buffet-style on a fallen tree, it was a feast!

By the way, I wondered what "fancy" means as regards cranberries. The USDA has an 11-page document about frozen cranberries from which we learn that "fancy" indicates the highest quality free from defects. I'm summarizing; this took the USDA a whole page to define.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home